With wide accessibility to customers, outdoor advertising is one of the methods that can help brands become more popular and bring customers closer to the Purchase decisions. According to OAAA’s statistical report, 91% of consumers said that they remember advertising content after only few times encountering, and 90% of them feel more comfortable with outdoor advertising than other types of advertising. Therefore, this is the method that most businesses should not ignore.
- Professional advertising agencies in Vietnam
- 5 things you need to know about Outdoor Led TV advertising
- Outdoor advertising LCD screens – the latest trend in 2020
1. Definition of out-of-home advertising
Outdoor advertising (OOH – Advertising) is all types of advertising that can affect consumers when they step outside of their houses. That’s when they are outside of their houses, traveling, shopping or visiting public spaces.
In this 4.0 Industry, outdoor advertising has integrated new techniques, bringing more vivid and attractive advertising models.
2. Characteristics of outdoor advertising
Outdoor advertising has various types with typical characteristics such as:
- Diversity: Advertising media varies widely from format, location, material used in advertising production, image transmission technology and many other features.
- Locations: Designated outdoor advertising locations are divided into the following main areas:
- Along the highway
- Road divider
- Open space;
- Sidewalks, areas for pedestrians;
- Parks, gardens, entertainment facilities;
- Real estate, including housing, public and other buildings and facilities;
- Walls, roofs of buildings and structures.
- Eye-catching colors and images: To attract the attention of commuters, outdoor advertising often has eye-catching colors and images that stimulate curiosity.
- Simple and memorable communication content: This ensures customers without spending too much time can still grasp the content of billboards.
- Purpose: Increase brand recognition, boost sales and profit. These objectives can be fulfilled by stimulating a large number of customers to look at billboards every day and achieve certain goals. Typically, each advertising campaign will have a specific purpose.
- Installation characteristics: required registration with regional and city authorities.
3. Types of outdoor advertising
These are advertising boards installed at high place which can be seen on the roadside. Statistic shows that about 68% of consumers make their shopping decisions when they see attractive billboards.
Outdoor billboards are often located along national highways, airport access roads or on skyscrapers. Typically, advertising campaigns aiming at increasing brand awareness, brand positioning often use this type of advertising.
- Advertisement at low locations
This type of advertising, including light box signs, bus shelters, street decoration,… is usually placed in the eyes of the viewers at certain locations. Every time you commute or wait for the red light, you will notice these ads.
Typically, these advertisements will be used for separated products, located close to the point of sale and the store’s surrounding area
- Transit advertising
“Moving” billboard is a type of outdoor advertising that can be displayed under many forms. Graphic styles and decal stickers can be seen on buses, trucks or other vehicles (buses, taxis, etc.). Businesses often choose this type of advertising when they want to introduce new products or programs that are launched recently.
4. New trend of outdoor advertising
Along with the explosion of digital advertising, outdoor advertising is growing rapidly. This is an outstanding and special media. As people are spending more and more time outside, OOH ads have the opportunity to reach huge number of customers.
The integration of technology such as touch and motion sensors enables advertisers to come up with the contents which can embed in the clients’ mind.
It can be seen that DOOH ads allow more interaction and are great sources of data collection. More and more big brands are using this form of advertising. This promises to continue trending in the future.
5. General principles in designing outdoor billboards
To produce effective billboards, you need to know some outdoor billboard design principles. The following principles are the most typical ones:
- Impressive story
OOH ads must be creative to stand out between the hustle and bustle of regular commuting ( or the monotony of a long-distance trip). Billboards must convey or share call-to-action messages in an interesting and memorable way. Whether you want to evoke humor, anger or empathy, remember to use emotional marketing tactics to make it memorable.
This example, created by the Colorado Patrol Team, warns drivers of the impacts of safety distance:
- Short, concise and simple messages
Successful billboards take viewers on a journey even if that journey is just a four-second glimpse. Most billboard designs tell this story via images and maybe some via text. However, the story must be ensured to be brief so that commuters can immediately remember the messages when they pass by.
- Legible content
Drivers or passers-by only have a few seconds to catch a glimpse of your billboard ad. To access to highest number of viewers (and potential customers), keep your billboard design readable. It is necessary to use large, bold fonts against a contrasting background color and avoid narrow fonts, handwriting.
- Eye-catching colors
Eye-catching colors are always appealing to viewers. You should choose contrasting colors that show the opposites. Also, if your billboard is placed in a rural area, green, blue and brown should not be used to avoid it blends with nature.
- Appropriate billboard locations
Outdoor billboards can work best when they are in the right place. For example, billboards of luxurious brands should be placed at the square of big cities. Meanwhile, food advertising billboards should be located near your food stores.
6. Some impressive advertisements
7. Reputable and effective outdoor billboard rental companies
In order to have successful advertising campaigns, you need to have eye-catching and quality billboards. For that reason, choosing a reputable and effective outdoor billboard rental company is extremely important.
Goldsun Co., Ltd – Goldsun – the leading billboard rental unit nowadays can meet all customers’ requirements. Goldsun will help you succeed with an outdoor advertising campaign thanks to:
- Advertising location spreads across the country: Goldsun possesses nearly 89,000 m2 area of advertising billboards nationwide. Representative offices in big cities enable Goldsun to foresee the business potential to meet customers’ demand.
- Goldsun can provide the most diverse forms of Advertising among OOH companies in Vietnam including large billboards, taxi advertising, personal vehicle advertising, intercity bus advertising, …
- Goldsun owns the largest airport advertising system in the country. Large airports with high traffic density help you effectively advertise your brand and products to customers.
- Professional support team can meet the full-service needs of customers from consulting, site investigation, construction, installation to warranty, maintenance.
Customers who are in need of consulting and installing outdoor advertising can contact Goldsun via: